Thursday, September 22, 2005

How to easily create a 45 minute presentation

See, it pays to visit this blog o' mine!

I'm a big procrastinator. I love waiting to the last minute to get stuff done because I'm at my best when I'm under pressure. So, as per usual, I waited unitl now to get my presentation ready for my speaking engagement at Ryan Lee's Boot Camp. But since I know the topics like the back of my hand - publicity and sales - it was pretty easy. Plus, I think I came up with a pretty easy way to create presentations in the future.

I can't tell you if it will work for you. It might work for you and it might not.
But I can tell you that the talk came out great!

Here's what I did:

-Set aside an hour last week to brainstorm a rough outline

-Didn't look at it again until yesterday

- Recorded myself giving the speech using the rough outline. I just did it completely off the top
of my head. And I made sure I finished somewhere around 45 minutes. Which, of course, is the time I'm allowed to speak for.

- Played back the recording and started to fine-tune the outline changing things as necessary and adding what I came up with during the recording.

- Today I created the final draft by turning everything into bullet points.

- Forwarded everything on to Michelle, my Operations Manager, so she could create the Power Point slides from there.

- Done. Total time was probably 5 hours worth of work. Not too bad for a presentation of this importance.

Announcements:

If you're at the Boot Camp come say hi!

Ryan and I will be releasing our awesome new Velvet Rope Marketing for Fitness Pros DVD this weekend at the Camp only. It will be announced to the rest of the fitness world real soon. It's 90 minutes of the coolest marketing you've ever seen. PLUS, it comes with a FREE bonus 90 minute DVD - The Fitness Entrepreneur Roundtable.

I'll be raising the price of my Ultimate Publicity Kit for Fitness Pros to $297 when I get back. Save yourself $50 and get it now. www.howtogetmorepublicity.com

Check back next week and I'll fill you in on the action from the Boot Camp. There's going to be a true cast of characters there so...

follow me on Twitter