Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What Would Warren Buffett Do?

Sunday night I watched a CNBC program on the second wealthiest man in the world.


Warren Buffet was asked what advice he gives to children and teenagers about becoming a financial success.


He said he tells them two things:


1- Stay away from credit cards


2- Invest in themselves


So how much stock do YOU put in the advice of the second wealthiest man on earth?


And if you haven't been following the first part of his advice and have gotten yourself into a little trouble, well, acting on the second part is how you dig out of the hole.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie
http://www.trainersinnercircle.com/


PS- My partners in the http://www.trainersinnercircle.com/ consult to the conultants!


"In the past, the three keys to a successful business were location, location, location. Well, in today's business world there are six keys to a successful business: location, location, location, systems, systems, systems.


Unfortunately for me, I was missing systems entirely. I have a strong business model, decent cash flow, tons of desire and strong work ethic...I just ended up spinning my wheels and feeling like I was never productive enough. I would look back on a day and even a week and think to myself, "What did I really get accomplished?"


Well along come Pat Rigsby and Nick Berry. I thought I was going to teach them a thing or two about the health club business, but what ended up happening was they pointed out so many obvious and even more not-so-obvious things that I was missing in my own business. They showed me how many upselling and profit center opportunities I was missing, and even provided steps I could take to begin capitalizing on this easy muney. They even helped evaluate my current pricing model and found that I was severely undercharging my clients!


So long story short, with the advice that they provided me, for just one of our profit centers we have increased revenues from around 2,500/month to just under 11,000/month. Another of our profit centers, an online training service, we have now doubled our monthly earnings...and it's all automated!


And while an increase in revenue is nice, the most important thing that came from Pat and Nick were the systems that they helped implement.


I love what I do, but I was getting burned out working until the wee hours of the morning and falling asleep with jumbled thoughts in my head, unsure of what I needed to do first the following morning. I literally was spending 100 hours a week either working, thinking about working, or worrying about working every week. Now I focus on a regular set schedule, and I get more done in 40 hours than I ever did in 100.


If I didn't fear boring you, I could talk forever about the great things Pat and Nick have done for my businesses. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for showing me how to work "on" my business rather than "in" my business."


Sincerely,


Curtis Mock, President
Vitality Marketing Group


PPS - What are you waiting for?


http://www.trainersinnercircle.com/

follow me on Twitter