Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The South Beach Workout

This weekend I went to the Wine and Food Festival in South Beach. More specifically, on Saturday Carol and I went to a 4 hour seminar to taste some pretty amazing wines. And I also wanted to research the industry because you won't find a more rabid market of affluent people than wine connoisseurs.


Personally I'm not a big wine drinker. I'm a Jack Daniel's fan. So I've never really understood the whole wine culture. I'd never before really grasped the obsession people have with wine. That was BEFORE this weekend.


Regardless of what your personal taste is, there is simply no denying the extraordinary passion winemakers and connoisseurs have for the libation. It really is rather inspiring hearing a man tell his story of being the 12th generation of his family to create their wine in the same great tradition as the previous eleven. They do not waver in their personal style of creating the best possible product they can. And if a vintage does not produce a wine worth selling, well, it will not be sold.


These are businesses that have stood the test of time. They are built on passion and purity. Integrity and honor. Patience and prudence. The love of their craft is what propels them to strive for perfection year after year.


Not every business started has to be sold. It is more than ok to toil and sweat and take pride in your creation for all your days, if you so choose.


I absolutely LOVE what I do. But I can only hope that my passion for this business is a fraction of what a 12th generation wine maker feels for his craft. If everyone of us felt a connection to our chosen profession as they do, well, I can only imagine what every day would hold for each of us.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie


If you want to land your own speaking engagements http://www.amazingfitnesspresentations.com


If you want more referrals http://www.velvetropereferrals.com


If you want to close more sales http://www.howtogetmoreclients.com

follow me on Twitter