Friday, February 15, 2008

Back In The Day Coach Used To Say

There's a very, very good chance you're a former athlete. Many trainers are. Back in the day they played some sort of sport in high school or college.


Personally, I played football in high school. And while I do remember my coaches - who were damn good ones - always telling us to PLAY smart, I don't remember them yelling at us to WORK smart.


No, when it came to work ethic we were always told to work hard. In the weight room you worked hard. On the practice field you practiced hard. If your techinque stunk you had to work harder.


What the hell am I getting at?


In sports we could always work harder to overcome an obstacle or a challenge. As athletes it was everything we knew.


So when we get into the business world we want to work, work, work and work some more to make everything better. But in business that doesn't necessarily translate into success like it did on the field.


For many of us it's not in our nature to work SMART. It is in our nature to work hard and then work some more. And if you aren't getting anywhere, well, you must not be working hard enough.


Yes, you are going to have to work hard. But adding more and more work isn't the answer. Working smarter and smarter is the anwer.


Delegating tasks to others


Leveraging your time


Only working on the highest profit projects that offer the least hassle


If you used to be a warrior in your chosen sport you might take some time to reflect on how it is showing up in your business. I can honeslty say that I owe a great deal of my success in life to high school football. I'm confident you can say the same about whatever sport you played. I just want to make you conscious of the fact that it may have also slipped some not so productive behaviors into your sub-conscious.


Just food for thought.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim "The Liberator" Labadie
http://HowToProfitWithBootCamps.com


PS- Camps are great way to work smarter and leverage your time.
http://HowToProfitWithBootCamps.com


"Hi Jim,


I just wanted to drop you a note to say "Thank you" for your boot camp product as well as your constant motivational newsletters, emails, etc. I started my first boot camp almost 6 weeks ago and got 12 people to join. I now have 3 different boot camps going and can't even begin to explain the opportunities that these boot camps bring for other opportunities!


Your boot camp product is straight forward and to the point and offers lots of tips which help to avoid potential mistakes. It also infuses a certain level of professionalism and confidence to the instructor (me) though I had never taught a group of 12 at the same time! It could have been very nerve wracking!


As I move into the next phase of my boot camp strategy (which is to fill each of the three camps with 20 people per camp), your Publicity Kit will be next on my list!


Thanks again for all that you do!


Scott York
Cedar Park, TX


UPDATE FROM SCOTT!!!

"Hi Jim,


As far as I'm concerned, you should be jacking up the Ultimate Boot Camp Kit price to $497! I've made around $50,000 since I began operating boot camps a year and a half ago thanks to your kit.


And that figure DOES NOT count all of the other opportunities that arose as a result of the boot camps! If I included those, then I would be well over 100k."


Scott York


http://HowToProfitWithBootCamps.com

follow me on Twitter