Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Looking for some publicity?

This one comes from my good friend Amanda Vogel. Yes, the same Amanda Vogel who is a freelance writer who contributes to IDEA Fitness Journal, ACE Certified News, Fitness, Self, Cooking Light, Fit Pregnancy, Health and Shape. She is looking for articles from fitness professionals.

-Jim
http://www.CelebrityFitnessImage.com

Here it is exactly as I received it from her.

********

Call for articles:

I edit a fitness column in an e-newsletter for a UK-based fitness association called Fitness Industry Education (FIE) (www.fitnessindustryeducation.com). The newsletter goes to about 20,000 fitness professionals around the world every week.

I am currently looking for articles that I can include in this e-newsletter. Is this a paying gig? Well, no. But here's how you benefit if I am able to use your article(s):

> You receive a professional edit of your article, which will increase its quality; you can use the edited version in your newsletters, on your website, in an e-book, in your press kit, etc. Plus, submitting the edited version to other editors increases your chances of getting it published as a reprint in magazines.

> You will likely get an insider tip or two about why your article query worked - or why it didn't. (See below for more on this.) Either way, the info you receive will help you achieve success with other media and writing opportunities.

> You get to promote your expertise, name/business name and article to tens of thousands of fitness pros.

> You get to include your bio at the end of your article with a link to your website.
WHAT'S THE E-NEWSLETTER?

The article I edit appears in one of FIE's affiliated weekly e-newsletters from a company called www.jumpybumpy.com. The article may also be posted on JumpyBumpy.com's website and/or FIE's website.

If you're interested HERE'S WHAT TO DO:

> Email me a short article proposal (i.e., query) for the topics you have in mind (email to: info@activevoice.ca). Remember that I need TRADE articles for your fitness colleagues, not for consumers. The website attracts a lot of group exercise instructors and personal trainers.

> I am looking for practical articles about any of the following topics: group exercise, group personal training, one-on-one personal training, program design, working with personal training clients, exercise selection, workout ideas, boot camp ideas, nutrition, working with special populations. Other ideas are welcome.

I can use some business-related articles, but I mostly need in-the-field information.

> Feel free to send proposals based on articles you have already written. In fact, I encourage it since this is not a paid assignment. Please ensure you have retained the right to have your article re-published in the JumpyBumpy.com e-newsletter. Preparing a query for an article that's already written is the same procedure as preparing a query for an article you haven't written yet. Just let me know it's a reprint and include where it's been published before.

> I am looking for articles of about 400 to 600 words. If yours is slightly longer, no problem. But be prepared for me to cut it down.

> You will get to approve the edited version before it goes "live" in the e-newsletter.

> Please don't send me the entire article; just a detailed proposal.

Questions? Email me: info@activevoice.ca

Amanda Vogel, MA
www.activevoice.ca

follow me on Twitter