Thursday, August 31, 2006

The time is NOW

Fellow fitness pro, Scott L Buendia, pointed out this article on the latest obesity stats to me the other day. Give it a read then come back.

http://tinyurl.com/lwupv

This was my favorite part:

'What's particularly distressing is that we think we understand why this is happening. It's happening because the environment is built to promote obesity, and it is so pervasive that in order to make changes, we really need to change everything,' said Cathy Nonas, director of the obesity and diabetes programs at North General Hospital in New York City and a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association.

In particular, I liked the part about the environment is built to promote obesity.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not thrilled that is the case. I'd be a whole lot happier if everyone on the planet was wealthy, healthy and happy.

But it is what it is.

Personally I got very excited reading that article.

I see the opportunity stretched out before us. I see the opportunity for fitness entrepreneurs to change the environment. I see the opportunity to make the world a better place.

Again, it is what it is. The time is NOW for us to start new businesses that turn the tide. It's time for us to create the environment we want to see. It's time to get creative. To try new things. To help more people.

"IT" is broken and "IT" needs to be fixed. Who better to do so than the new breed of fitness professional?

I don't know about you, but I love a challenge.

So what was your reaction to reading it?

Did you hang your head?

Or did you see the opportunity?

Yours in prosperity,
Jim Labadie
http://www.howtogetmoreclients.com

PS- $17,000 in the span of a couple days...

'Hello Jim,
Samantha Taylor here in Tampa. Just wanted to drop a line to you and tell you how much I appreciate what you do. Since I have listened to your Ultimate Sales Kit program, it literally has transformed how I FEEL about my business.

Friday I sold another $10,000 program using some of these techniques! And last week I sold a $7000 program!'

Samantha Taylor
Tampa, FL

http://www.howtogetmoreclients.com

follow me on Twitter