Thursday, August 10, 2006

How to Respond to Critics

How to Respond to Critics
Brought to you by: http://www.FitnessBusinessMindset.com

This is really simple. The more successful you become, the more critics you will have. Get used to it.

I've been trashed before. I'm fully aware of it.

And now that a lot of my customers are doing extremely well and the fitness community knows about it, they are too.

So what happens when someone sh*ts on YOU for the first time? How are you going to handle it?

Seriously, when someone starts viciously attacking you for the first time it can be upsetting. You don't even know who they are, but they're out there slamming you.

Here's my advice:

1- Again, realize it is going to happen. I don't like affirming anything negative, but criticism of the people who achieve in life seems to be a constant.

2- Fall in love with it. That might seem counter-intutive, but if your success is getting under people's skin then I assure you, you've arrived! ;-)

3- Don't respond to it. Unless it is a serious case of slander which would require retaining an attorney I'd ignore it. DO NOT waste a single second of energy replying to hateful people who've got nothing better to do with their time than attack those making something of themselves.

I really cannot stress #3 enough. When I hear I'm getting slammed online somewhere I actually get pretty happy. If I'm pissing some people off it means I'm doing a great job! Then, as per usual, my customers come of my defense anyway. Yours will too.

Life is great. Don't waste your time even thinking about anyone who would try to get you to think otherwise.

Yours in prosperity,

Jim Labadie
http://www.FitnessBusinessMindset.com

PS- Discover what it really takes.
http://www.FitnessBusinessMindset.com

'Jim Labadie & Zach Even-Esh's interview on mindset supply what I like the call the 'missing link' in business success. Many people lose sight of the power of the mind, affirmations and thoughts in making you achieve what ever you desire. This landmark product takes you back there and I guarantee you will reap benefits beyond your wildest dreams from listening to these 2 elite fitness professionals.

This is a must have for any fitness pro who wants to achieve a high level of prosperity and success.'

Virgil Aponte
The Stair Exercises Guru

PSS- Don't forget I'll be speaking at the http://www.ryan-lee-bootcamp.com the end of September. It's the best event in the fitness industry. If you want to be surrounded with successful and supportive fitness pros this is the place to be!

follow me on Twitter