Friday, January 04, 2008

Confessions Of An Email Addict

Confessions Of An Email Addict

I've got to come clean.

I feel the need to confess.

I'm an addict.

If there's one thing I could consider myself addicted to it's Email.

I'm not sure how it happened or when.

But it did.

And the first thing is to admit I have a problem.

I have been checking it way too often for far too long.

So I'm testing something out.

I'm only checking emails on Mondays and Fridays.

Not exactly what Timothy Ferriss recommends in The Four Hour Work Week, but it's a start.

So far, so good.

I feel a HUGE burden lifted from me.

It is amazing how refreshed I feel.

And I'm already much more productive.

Not only am I getting more work done, but it has also helped me pinpoint areas where I can delegate more.

Please understand, I'm not taking this lightly at all.

Once you get caught up in email it blows your whole day. At least that's what it does to mine.

We're all addicted to something. Just because it isn't drugs or alcohol doesn't mean it isn't an addiction.

It might not be lethal like a drug or alcohol addiction.

BUT if something is interfering with the pursuit of your dreams then you better believe it's a SERIOUS issue.

So your first homework assignment for 2008 is to search your soul and find something negative you are addicted to.

You might be addicted to CONTROL and not willing to delegate because of it.

You might be addicted to FEAR and don't act because of it.

You might be addicted to ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING and refuse to earn more while working less because of it.

You might be addicted to FEELINGS OF UNWORTHINESS and not leading as prosperous a life as you could because of it.

You might be addicted to ENERGY VAMPIRES without even knowing it. And because of it you're so used to having the life sucked out of you by negative clients you don't even notice it anymore.

The first step is admitting you have a problem. I ain't kidding.

Who loves ya? ;-)

Yours in prosperity,

Jim Labadie
http://velvetropereferrals.com/

PS- Break your ENERGY VAMPIRE addiction NOW:

"When Jim Labadie first taught me about http://velvetropereferrals.com/ I was hooked instantly because I KNEW it would allow me to train exactly who I wanted to work with.

I had a waiting list of people to train with me when I didn't even own a gym, all my training was in a small dungeon like garage or outdoors at playgrounds. Everyone thought it couldn't work, but it did, and it worked BIG time.


This past summer I opened my gym, and, did the biggest mistake one can ever make, and that is to see what other facilities are doing as well as listening to family and friends. Dan Kennedy will say the same exact thing.


So, I loosened up my Velvet Rope principle because I wanted to pack in clients. BIG mistake!
I began working with clients that were half way committed; they showed up half the time and then disappeared.


I also went through a dry season, where I wasn't getting any new clients at all. The law of attraction worked against me until I went back to doing what worked.


I started putting up the Velvet Rope, I began turning down clients who seemed less than 100% committed or whose parents were the type that seemed to interfere with everything I did.
In the past month my gym has boomed with new clients and we're busier than ever before.
Most importantly, I am back to working with the clients I WANT to work with.


If you're not using the http://velvetropereferrals.com/ system it is highly likely you have clients who are half assed and they are probably NOT the type of client you REALLY want to work with."


Zach Even-Esh
Edison, NJ

http://velvetropereferrals.com/

follow me on Twitter