Thursday, April 03, 2008

Don't waste your time with this one

Don't waste your time with this one


I wasn't born with business skills.


I didn't suddenly wake up one morning and know all this stuff.


I used to do all the wrong things, too.


I used to have no clue what I was doing.


That's why it doesn't surprise me at all when I see trainers make mistakes - I've made them all, too.


And nobody really cares like trainers do.


Most of them just want to help people. They just really, really, really want to help.


And that is a great thing.


But the only way to really help is to get better at the business side of things.


I was speaking to an extremely passionate and caring trainer the other day who is really trying her best.


I'm very proud of her and I really want her to know that if she keeps on taking action she WILL make it.


One of the things she felt badly about was not being able to sell her services to everyone she does an assessment with.


And being the subtle guy that I am I told her:


"You're not going to sell crack to the Pope."


Now I don't even know how the heck I came up with that one.


It just kinda came outta my mouth.


But it's true.


Don't bother trying to sell stuff to people who don't want it.


It's a waste of time.


One of the most important things to understand about selling training is this:


You need to close everyone who can be closed.


Don't worry about the rest.


Keep marketing to the rest.


And when the rest are ready to buy, then you close 'em.


Simple, simple. simple.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie


PS - Do you have any idea how much more I can teach you about sales if you give me the chance? http://howtogetmoreclients.com/

follow me on Twitter