Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My ego was in the way (yours is too)

My ego was in the way (yours is too)

Yesterday, on my way to a flight lesson, I was re-listening to an interview Ryan Lee did with Dr. Joe Vitale. The first time I listened to it I got some nice little tips and reminders of things I already knew.

BUT...

...my ego was in the way. When I listened to it yesterday I heard one thing that blew my mind.

How in God's green earth did I miss that the first time?

Now some people will tell you - me included - that your sub-cconscious mind was the cause. And while that is very possible, I think in this instance it was my ego.

I was probably so freakin' busy saying, "oh, I know that already." OR patting myself on the back, gratifying my ego by telling myself, "damn, you're as good as Joe is is!"

I'm a little nervous to even think about how much money missing that tip cost me.

What's more, I see this from trainers, and even customers, all the time. I notice it in them right away. Should follow my own advice, and I will from now on.

If you SPOT it, you GOT it.

Ok. Enough self-bashing for a moment.

I once had a customer return my Ultimate Sales Kit. His ego was very much in the way. He couldn't wait to tell me he was better at sales than I am.

When he emailed me telling me he was thinking of returning it, he informed me that he was a fitness director at a club. And while he was going to be able to use a lot of the emotion based techniques I teach to improve sales, it wasn''t quite what he was looking for.

Huh?

I just gave you information that I know will increase your sales by tens of thousands of dollars a month and you want to return my product?

I'm more than certain if he kept the Sales Kit and listened to it over and over it would have been worth millions of dollars to his club. There is no doubt in my mind about that. NONE.

But his ego was in the way the same way mine was. My pre-conceived notions were the same as his.

I don't know everything. And there's lots of things I'm not good at. But give me ten minutes with a fitness professional and I'll give them AT LEAST one idea worth a hundred grand to them.

And that is bare bones minimum. (It's also why I'm raising my coaching rate to $600/session around December 1st)

So this guy could have taken advantate of the coaching session that came with the kit, but decided to return it instead. And believe me, the entire thing was ego. If you read his emails, you'd agree.

Sorry, back to topic. What do you think would have happened if he'd done the coaching?

I am not a gambling man, but I'll stake my entire life on the fact that I could have earned his personal training department at least an additional $1,000,000 over the next ten years. Yes, on top of what they would have already made. Again, that's minimum.

Which brings us to another point. How do you value information?

Case in point: In April 2003 I purchased Ryan Lee's "Fitness Info Products" I don't think I even listened to the whole thing. Right away I hired him to coach me. And I joined his Elite Sports Training Alliance. All told I probably spent around a grand.

What did I get back?

Personally, I think I'm going to turn that measly $1000 into $100,000,000. And I kid you not.
Did I get a fair return on my investment? You answer it.

And while we're talking about it, it's come to my attention some more "brain surgeon" trainers are out there saying that Ryan's stuff is more sizzle than steak.

Ego. Ego. Ego.

Ryan is one of the most brilliant marketers on the planet. You're going to see really soon who he is aligning with and you'll know he's going to the highest of levels. And believe me, you don't get to hang out with the stars unless you are one.

This past weekend I was at the "Membership Site Boot Camp" in West Palm Beach hosted by Ryan and Tim Kerber. Who else attended? Well, just a bunch of top internet marketers from across the US, Canada, England and Australia. And they paid a couple grand just to attend.

How many of those "know it all" personal trainers on the internet forums are capable of doing that? There's only one guy I know. And he happens to be my business partner. Again, think that $297 initial investment I made was worth it? Think I'm glad I didn't let my ego get in the way then and asked for his help?

Who loves ya? ;-)

I do.

But starting now I'm focusing solely on those who are willing to do what it takes. Who are willing to put their ego aside and focus soley on their success. That's why I'm raising prices on products and my coaching rate is more than doubling.

It starts with the Velvet Rope Sales and PR DVD. Tomorrow, Thursday, November 16th it goes from $19.95 to $39.95.

What will your return on your investment be? The information is worth millions. It's your attitude towards it and putting it to use that will manifest that money in the physical.

Yours in prosperity,
Jim Labadie
www.VelvetRopeSalesandPR.com

PS- Alwyn Cosgrove wrote about this today, too. >Check it out here on his blog.

follow me on Twitter