Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's such a small circle

Well, I know that Alwyn Cosgrove and Brian Grasso read this blog, so I need to keep my butt in gear and post often.

Ryan Lee and I were speaking to Brian today and one of the things we discussed was the very small circle of people who you are going to be able to really talk to as you climb the ladder.

Let me give you an example.

As I wrote earlier this week I was at a holiday party at Mar-a-lago. The place is owned by The Donald himself. Needless to say, it's a pretty amazing place.

The really cool part is Mr. Trump showed up to the party for 5 minutes to say hello to the crowd. And since he was hanging out with him anyway, he brought Shaq with him to press some palms.

When you're a billionaire there aren't too many people who know what it's like to be you.

When you're a billionaire who's always in the public eye - some aren't - there's probably even fewer.

I don't know if Shaq is an actual billionaire. Don't think he is. But he's a real wealthy guy who knows a thing or two about being a celebrity.

Something I learned from Randy Gage is this: When you develop a prosperity mindset there are going to be fewer and fewer people who "get" you. But the people who do are going to be the most amazing people you could ever hope to meet. And they will be true friends because they will call you out on your "stuff."

And here's something interesting. I wonder what your thoughts on it are. Last night I was watching the end of the movie "Scent of a Woman." That's when Pacino stands up and says, "If I were the man five years ago, I'd take a flame thrower to this place!"

Yeah, it's the part where everybody loves the character "Charlie" for not ratting on his friends. You're not supposed to rat on your friends, right?

Well, let's rethink this. Your true friends wouldn't put you in that position in the first place, right? Real men would fess up and take responsibility for their actions, wouldn't they? Seems to me that whoever it was that said you shouldn't rat on your friends was probably a real freakin' rat who wanted his "friends" to consistently bail him out of the messes that he made for himself.
Am I wrong?

Jim

PS- I'm running a special bundle offer on three of my best products as part of the 12 Days of Fitness. You get my:

1) Velvet Rope Fitness Marketing DVD
2) Velvet Rope Sales and PR DVD
3) Fitness Business Mindset Audio CD

All for only $79. It would normally cost you $106.90


Check it out the bottom of http://www.trainandgrowrich.com/holidays.htm to find out how to order.

follow me on Twitter