Monday, December 03, 2007

Why So Many Emails?

I'm often asked, "Jim, why do you send so many emails?"


Very, very simple:


1- I love it. I absolutely love writing them. It's one of my favorite things to do.


In just a couple of minutes I can share information with trainers all over the world.


And that information helps them grow their business.


Which, in turn, means they are helping more people live better lives.


What's better than that?


2- I run an internet business.


I've tested sending so many emails and I believe because I'm not a "brick and mortar" kind of business I can send one a day.


I'm not certain that I could otherwise. That is something you would have to test for yourself.


However, if you run boot camps or have your own studio I highly recommend you email your list at bare bones minimum once per week.


3- If I send 1/2 the emails, I make 1/2 the moolah.


And yes, I've tested this, too.


I've been doing this for years so I know my list very well. I know what I can and can't do, for the most part.


As I've written in the past, you really have to look at the 80/20 rule.


In my case, it's probably more like the 90/10 rule.


Meaning, 10% of my list - the ones that make up 90% of my revenues - are the ones that really, really love what I have to say.


They are the trainers I have helped the most.


These are the trainers who want to hear from me often.


Now, I care about and respect anyone who is smart enough to read my stuff, but the fitness pros I care about most are the ones who allow me to pay my bills.


And those are the people you need to care about most.


If you can't accept that fact then you have some belief systems work that needs to be done before you will ever become a successful business owner.


Anyway, hopefully that explains it. I'll continue to write a lot of emails because I hear from that 10% everyday.


And they always write the same thing:


"Keep the great stuff coming!"


So I will.


And I'll love every minute of it!


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie
http://HowToProfitWithEmails.com


PS- Does my http://HowToProfitWithEmails.com work Down Under?
See for yourself:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2sThER1iQE

follow me on Twitter