Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nothing is ever...

Nothing is ever...


I have a good friend in Tampa who I need to tell you about. I've given this person a ton of different ideas on how to improve their small business. Because they are a friend and I love to talk about this stuff I always offer it at no cost.


But do they ever take my advice? No.


And one of the reasons is, as per usual, because it hasn't cost them anything. But that is only one side of the story in this case. I've been told by this person the reason they haven't taken any action on my ideas is because they are a perfectionist. It's this person's belief that they would literally drive themselves nuts because the info product I told them to create would NEVER be good enough for them to make public.


Well, I think they're a bit nuts, but at least they're honest.


Nothing you ever do is going to be perfect. Much more importantly, it doesn't have to be. People get so paralyzed trying to make every little detail exactly like they want it they never actually accomplish anything. And of course that means they never actually make any moolah.


Perfectionism is one of the greatest - and most underappreciated - forms of self-sabotage. I know so many trainers who are working on the same project forever. It just needs this or that to get it just right. Well, that's what they claim.


There's never going to be a perfect time to do something.


There's never going to be a perfect info-product.


Your website is never going to look perfect.


But on the positive side, I am hearing more and more and more from trainers about the action they are taking.


They are writing articles.


They are landing speaking engagements.


They are contacting the media.


They are making their website live and making changes AS THEY GO.


They are constantly marketing their boot camps.


They are actively educating their clients about referrals.


Take action, take action, take action.


If you've been taking action please let me know. Let me know what's going on in your world. Let me know how you have been taking action and the results you have seen because of it.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim "The Liberator" Labadie


If you want to land your own speaking engagements http://www.amazingfitnesspresentations.com


If you want more referrals http://www.velvetropereferrals.com


If you want to close more sales http://www.howtogetmoreclients.com

follow me on Twitter