Saturday, February 09, 2008

Tips For Trainers on Live TV

Tips For Trainers on Live TV


Here's a recent question from a fitness pro who has taken my advice and run with it:


"Hi Jim,


First off, thank you for all of your priceless information both in your products and newsletters.


I was wondering if you had any tips or advice for calming nerves once you've gotten the media's attention.


I have become the "go to girl" for one of the local TV stations here in Grand Junction, CO (thanks to your http://HowToGetMorePublicity.com kit) and during the last interview for a spot I had to ask them if I could re-do the section because I let my nerves get to me and lost my train of thought.


People tell me "just don't be nervous", or "oh you'll do great"...all the usuals, but I thought you may have some specific tips to give a solid interview and be able to give the info people deserve.


Thanks for your time,

Kiele Wilson
Owner, ReNewed Strength


GREAT job, Kiele, of taking my info and making things happen. I'm truly happy FOR you and proud OF you.


To answer your question, it's really, really simple. You're a fitness professional. Viewers are expecting you to be lively. They are expecting you to be fun. They are expecting you to be a ball of energy.


So take that nervous energy and put it into your performance. And make no mistake about it, this is a performance. Don't try to suppress it. Transform it instead.


Also, make sure you get the tapes of your spots. Make sure you have the stations permission to use them on...


- your website


- YouTube, etc.


- your Facebook profile


Again, GREAT job of taking action.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie
http://HowToGetMorePublicity.com


PS- To see some of my live TV appearances check out http://HowToGetMorePublicity.com



"As a fitness writer/editor, I highly recommend The Ultimate Publicity Kit for Fitness Professionals for its consistently bang-on advice and the expert publicity tips from Lizz and Jim.


Every information-packed CD delivers the exact steps that fitness professionals must know to instantly boost their credibility and gain incredible profits from publicity. The first CD alone is worth the price of the entire kit!"


Amanda Vogel, MA
Regular contributor to IDEA Fitness Journal, Health, Self and Shape Vancouver, British Columbia

follow me on Twitter