Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Not So Obvious Reason

When you start your personal training business, you do what you have to do.


Yes, you need a rock-solid plan.


But plans don't always work exactly like they are supposed to.


So you do what you have to in order to exist.


And that might mean working way more than you expected.


Somewhere during that time many fitness business owners forget the reason they started.


It was supposed to afford them much more free time.


It was meant to allow the owner to do the things they have always wanted to do.


That was the reason for all that hard work. For all that sacrifice. For taking all those risks.


But now the plate keeps getting more and more full.


Even when things are good some can't seem to stop piling work on top of work.


And some of these new opportunities are potential goldmines.


Others are just "filler". Things to do because they've become so addicted to work.


I cannot say I am completely guilt-free of this charge.


But I can tell you that I am getting better at it all the time.


In fact, just recently I've come across a business that would not only add millyuns of bucks to my bank account over the next 10 years, but would add endless headaches as well.


And as tempting as it is, I can write with all honesty that the moment I declined this invitation in my own mind, well, the sick feeling I had in my stomach even thinking about it was gone.


My message today is a simple one.


One for you never to forget.


Your business exists to serve YOU.


You do NOT exist to serve the business.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim "The Liberator" Labadie
http://sixfigurebootcamps.com/


PS - My http://sixfigurebootcamps.com/ kit takes boot camps to a whole new level. Start LIVING your dream.


PPS - Make certain you do what you have to do to make the Ultimate Referral and Retention Webinar this Thursday. The systems we reveal will put you 10 steps closer to those dreams.
All the details are here http://tinyurl.com/2x5282

follow me on Twitter