Monday, March 03, 2008

Inside: What Your Prospect Is Thinking

I'm writing this on Saturday at noon. I got some inspiration today so I wrote a bunch of newsletters. And thanks to the magic of http://TrainerShoppingCart.com I'm able to schedule them to go out days, weeks, months or even years later.


Anyway, I was doing two things at once this morning. While watching Deepak Chopra on PBS I was reading over an article from January I had saved. It was about the businesses that are being created to serve the "plus-size" market that now exists. Companies that sell toilet seats that support a 1200 pound person. Stuff like that.


And sometimes that stuff really gets me going. But again, I was watching Deepak so I remained calm and allowed myself to look a the positive side of the story. It reminded me of something that very out-of-shape people like to say:


"I need to get skinny first so I can go to the gym without being embarrassed."


Now I know this is completely illogical to you and me. But that doesn't matter. What does matter is that is exactly what many of YOUR prospective clients and boot campers are thinking. And yes, I know I get a little impatient and I go overboard at times. So let's first thank Deepak for calming my ass down.


Second, let's look at how we can use this information to everyone's benefit. I immediately began to think about video testimonials again. They are extremely powerful and let genuine emotion shine through for your prospects to see. So here are some things to include in them:


1- If they are willing to do it, have your client share their age when taping their video testimonial.


2- Have them say how they felt BEFORE they started the camp. Specifically in regards to what I wrote earlier. If they felt nervous about coming or embarrassed or whatever, be sure they relay to the prospect they have nothing to fear. Your prospect needs to know they are coming to a place where all people, regardless of how much they weight or out-of-shape they are, will be welcomed.


3- Actually, you also need to have your client talk about the work involved. Yes, all people are welcome to come. But only those who are willing to work are invited to stay. If they're looking for a country club they can look elsewhere.


4- This is super powerful. Have the client talk about the things they have tried in the past. Nothing makes a prospect feel better than to know your successful clients and campers have tried all the short-cuts and gimmicks they have. It will help put them at ease. It will put them on common ground.


Ok, that's enough for today. Heading off to have some lunch overlooking the ocean. It's about 80 degrees and sunny here in South Florida. Life is good. Hope yours is too.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie
http://sixfigurebootcamps.com


PS- I've got all sorts of amazing info to help you take your Boot Camps to the next level. And what's the next level? Well, how about taking 15 weeks of vacation per year? Find out how at http://sixfigurebootcamps.com

follow me on Twitter