Thursday, June 05, 2008

6225 smackaroos in twenty minutes

It makes me kinda sad to know personal trainers receive such awful advice from fitness industry associations when it comes to marketing.


ESPECIALLY public speaking.


Here's just a few of the mistakes they teach you:


1 - Give handouts


Nobody really cares about handouts. In fact, all they really do is distract your audience. It gives them something to do instead of listen.


2 - Hand out business cards at the end


Hey, if your goal is to decorate the meeting room's trash can with your business card, then by all means, pass yours out to everyone.


3 - Give away the store


Ummm. Why would you tell an audience who came to see you at no charge everything they need to know to obtain results? Isn't that what you get paid for?


So instead of listening to these well-meaning know nothings why not use advice that delivers results like this:


"Jim,


I bought your http://AmazingFitnessPresentations.com program, and in my first appearance after buying the CD, I spoke to 28 computer programmers at a company called EPIQ Systems (a computer software company).


The presentation lasted 20 minutes, and at the end of the presentation, 25 of them signed up for our 12 week corporate boot camp...and I walked out with a check for $6,225.00.


I guess you could say it was a pretty good return on my investment. Thanks!"


In Health,


Greg Justice, MA
AYC Health & Fitness


When was the last time you did a presentation and closed 25 out of 28 attendees?


Last question:


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie


PS - Will my http://AmazingFitnessPresentations.com program help you land 6225 smackaroos in twenty minutes? We'll never know if you don't try.

follow me on Twitter