Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Zodiac and The Secret

As I wrote yesterday, I recently saw the movie about the Zodiac Killer.

Oddly enough, the movie did not inspire me to become a serial killer.

I've seen the movie The Secret three times. I'm a big fan of it.

Oddly enough, it did not inspire me to stop running my business and sit in a room and think positively about winning the lottery expecting the lucky ticket to suddenly manifest out of thin air.

Maybe neither of these things happened because I'm not a complete f*cking idiot.

But with all the talk of how dangerous The Secret is I guess I'm the only person who is giving the public credit for not being 100% moronic.

The people who I know who have seen the movie have not been inspired to quit their job of refuse cancer treatment or anything of the sort. No, they've actually been inspired to take action and make more of their lives.

Perhaps I just don't hang out with the complete f*cking idiots most of the rest of the people who have seen the movie associate with.

I'm guessing that's what's going on here. Most of the rest of society finds the need to protect the public from this terrible "secret" because they either hang out with complete dolts or they find most people to be idiots.

Interesting point of view.

Personally, I expect people to watch The Secret and be inspired to take action towards the things they want. Never in a million years would I think people are so stupid that they would search the beach for a magic lamp and hope their genie would appear.

I guess I give people too much credit. I guess I have a tendency to expect the best. I guess expecting people to want more, be more and to do more is the wrong thing.

Well, according to the naysayers anyway.

Now, I realize they will come back and respond that's not what they meant at all. But what's with all the negative energy? What's with all the anger? What happened to finding the good in something?

Are you that cynical? Are you that afraid? Are you that angry?

Of course the movie has flaws. Of course, of course, of course. Do we need to have the complete f*cking idiot discussion again?

But isn't it amazing how some people look for what's wrong when others look for what's right?

Personally, I'm completley disgusted with a lot of people in the fitness industry right now.

follow me on Twitter