Monday, July 16, 2007

What's the name of your 'anchor'?

I'm quite certain as a Fitness Professional you've dealt with at least one client who had at least one "anchor."

What's an "anchor?"

That's what I politely call a person who is keeping someone else from succeeding.

An "anchor" can be your client's friend, co-worker, spouse, mother, father, sibling...the list goes on and on. They are the type of people who are happy with being average. They don't mind being fat and out of shape. They want nothing more than to literally drag everyone else they know down to their level so they can feel better about themselves. So long as everyone else they know is fat and out of shape and perfectly willing to do nothing about it all is ok in their world.

Now when you train clients these "anchors" are very obvious.
They are the ones telling your client it's ok to skip their workout. It's ok to have those buffalo wings. They can't understand why your client who is desperately trying to change who they are is no longer willing to make fun of all those crazy people who eat vegetables and exercise all the time.

Thing is; we rarely see the "anchors" in our own lives.
And they may not try to keep you from being fit and healthy.

However, they very well may be trying to keep you from achieving extraordinary success in other areas of your life. And if you're reading this email then I'm pretty certain you're trying to improve your financial lot in life.

So what's the name of your "anchor" or "anchors?"

I bet if you take a step back and look closely you'll start to recognize lots of people close to you who can't understand why you're always looking to improve your business skills. Or maybe they don't get why you're now spending less time with them and more on growing your fitness empire. Whatever the case may be, they are out there lurking.

What do you do about them?

Well, what do you tell your clients to do about their "anchors?"

You probably tell them that for their own health and wellness some people will need to be left behind. You probably confront them with the cold, hard reality that some of their close friends may not be close friends pretty soon.

Well, if they want to succeed anyway. And yes, they may even need to spend less time with certain family members.

You are starting to see my point here, right?

If you're looking to grow your Fitness Empire you are going to have to deal with YOUR "anchors."

Who loves ya? ;-)

Yours in prosperity,
Jim Labadie
http://howtoprofitwithbootcamps.com

PS - Get rid of your anchors and sail away to Boot Camp heaven!

"Jim,
Just wanted to give you a quick heads up on the progress I've made with my camps since purchasing your Ultimate Boot Camp Product.

I started in March '06 with about 10 people attending. It's steadily grown over the last 9 months with this month hitting 56 enrolled!!

It was your product that cemented the idea to start my own camps. I had no idea at the time that some initial guidance from the Ultimate BC CD's and some marketing know how would amount to a such a successful business.

I want to thank you for providing that spark that ignited what this year will be a SIX-FIGURE boot camp business!!"

Yours In Health,
Eric Gelder
ChandlerBootCamp.com

****

"Hi Jim,

My name is Lyle Johnson, owner of MVP Fitness in St. Louis. I purchased your Boot Camp Start Up Kit and have gotten great results. I have had 44 camp members enroll in MVP Fitness Boot Camp in the first month. Not bad considering I only had 3 clients last year before the Kit!
Currently I am holding three camps; one at a local high school, another in an affluent subdivision and the other one for the St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Organization, which is actually held on the baseball diamond at the brand new Busch Staduim.

I feel great and very confident in the future direction of MVP Fitness and I am looking forward to improving more people's lives by offering more boot camps.

Thanks again! Your Ultimate Boot Camp Start-Up Kit CDs really helped me grow my business!"

Lyle Johnson
MVP Fitness, LLC

http://www.howtoprofitwithbootcamps.com

follow me on Twitter