Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Nutrition and Insurace Questions

This may or may not apply to your personal training business. But it's a question I get a lot so I thought it best to fill you in, too.


"Hello Jim,


Love your e-mails! Nutrition obviously goes hand and hand with exercise so why not take advantage of that too. Which brings me to my questions.


What is the deal with personal trainers and nutrition consulting in Florida? What if I want to charge and give classes on how to eat, you know, to help clients break through plateuos and reach thier fitness goals faster? Do I need a license or any other governmental document in Florida? Please point me in the right direction."


Thanks in advance,


Jason Harris


JL: Hi Jason,


Thanks so much for reading them!!


I used to have an in-home personal training business in Tampa and we gave very basic nutritional advice. We did NOT give specific diets. Some things to think about:


1) Make sure your insurance covers you. I recommend going with http://Trainer-Insurance.com They cover pretty much anything you can think of related to personal training.


2) Our http://ProgradeBusiness.com company comes with a 12 week weight management course designed by Registered Dietitian Jayson Hunter. You can use the entire course for your own use. And because it is created by an RD it is perfectly safe for you to teach.


Plus, you can earn 30% commissions for each sale of Prograde products you make. But if you're wondering, no, you don't even have to sell Prograde to use the course. We also have a 4 week version of it that you can use called the Nutrition Crash Course.


Good luck!


Hope that one helps you out. Talk to you tomorrow.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie
http://ProgradeBusiness.com


PS - All the works been DONE FOR YOU with our Prograde Weight Management programs.


"As a strength and conditioning coach who works with athletes both in college and headed there, it is very important to me the products I recommend adhere to all NCAA guidelines.


That's just one of the reasons I love promoting Prograde. Not only do they keep all my athletes in good standing, the products are the highest quality and they are shipped direct to their door.


I feel great recommending because they deliver results and I don't have to lift a finger. What more could a coach ask for?"


Dan Huff
BaseballStrength.com

follow me on Twitter