Monday, March 10, 2008

Tiny Marketing Huge Response

Tiny Marketing Huge Response


Years ago, when I lived in Tampa, I was a member of a networking group called CABA. They used to have regular meetings on Wednesdays that I would go to. For the most part, I was the only personal trainer at them.


That was until the day the stereotypical trainers arrived.


I would always go dressed like a professional. And as a trainer living in Tampa that meant Kaki pants and a collared shirt with my company logo.


So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I came to this one particular meeting and saw two trainers there from a local studio who were half naked. Spandex. Tank tops. Looked like they had just finished working out. The whole nine yards.


Now I had been coming to these events for months. I was very well known in the group. And so it was no surprise that most everyone came up to me at some point during the meeting and started to tell me just how shocked they were to see these "professionals" dressed like this at one of our meetings.


I could go on and on and on about this type of behavior in our profession. But that's not the major point of this email. I know I'm preaching to the choir about professionalism.


But I did want to emphasize to you just how important all the LITTLE things are. In fact, every little thing you do can be considered marketing.


- The way you say hello to people


- The way you carry yourself when you walk


- The way you sit


- The way you eat


- The enthusiasm and passion you either do or do not convey


- The cleanliness of your studio


- The pictures on the walls


- The shine on your shoes


- The small gestures of appreciation you show your clients


- The thank you cards you send


- The extra mile you go


- The time you show up for appointments


None of these things go unnoticed. NONE.


You are a living, breathing piece of marketing.


And by the way, a little extra advice for you today on networking meetings. Each time you go to one you need to have a goal in mind. And personally, I think the smartest move is to go seeking Public Speaking Engagements.


The people you meet at these events are almost always a member of another group. And most groups need speakers. Plus, a lot of them work for companies where you can speak to their employees during lunch.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie
http://AmazingFitnessPresentations.com


PS - There is a method to the madness. Do it wrong and get nothing. Do it right and fill your bank account. Find out what I mean at http://AmazingFitnessPresentations.com


PPS - Thanks to Armand Cherry for the idea for this newsletter.

follow me on Twitter