Friday, June 06, 2008

Wounded pride, wounded wallet

I received this email from a customer lately and debated how I would share the message with you.


My pride...


My ego...


...well, they have both gotten in the way of my success in the past.


Like anyone else, there are times when I think I "know it all."


They aren't frequent.


But that doesn't make it ok.


We all have our weak spots...our weak moments...


Don't let your pride and ego interfere with the realization of your dreams.


This email means a great deal to me. It's one of the best I've ever received.


****


"Hello Jim,


I was reading Pat Rigsby's email today and decided to tell you a few things.


I bought a couple of your products in Feb 2007. Thought they were sh*t.


I never returned the products because I thought I could use them to create a better product.


Since then I have built a very successful business in one of London's poorest communities (Woolwich). Several other (starving) trainers wanted to know how I do it.


I told them I have a system.


I told them I never give away the store.


I tell them I have a velvet rope approach to sales.


I tell them about my boot camps.


I tell them about my semi-private training.


I tell them I make time to work on my business not in my business.


I tell them about my news letters and quote of the day.


I tell them about working my lists.


I tell them about relationships and Send Out Cards.


But I never told them about YOU.


Why ? Because I did not want to give credit.


My ego wanted them to know what a brilliant businessman I was.


I did not want the competition to know my secret weapon.


At first I did not get it. So I thought the products were sh*t.


You are the primary reason for my success. Thank you very, very much.


Many trainers do not get it or their ego gets in their way.


Thanks again for everything."


D. Leigh
London


****


If you haven't already, just give me a chance.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie


PS - There's a reason the World's MOST successful trainers own my product. You just read it.


If you need help closing sales http://HowToGetMoreClients.com


If you need help starting your own boot camp http://HowToProfitWithBootCamps.com


If you need help growing your existing boot camps http://SixFigureBootCamps.com


If you need help with public speaking http://AmazingFitnessPresentations.com

follow me on Twitter