Thursday, November 17, 2005

How to bash your competition the right way

What happens when a prospect who has been on your newsletter list for a year suddenly emails you that while they have enjoyed your information and would love to work with you they have decided to go to the training studio closer to their home?

Add to that the fact that not only have you spent all that time nurturing this prospect you know for a fact the trainers at this studio aren't any good. How do you respond without looking
like a sore loser?

Well, as you know you will look very petty if you come right out and tell this person the other
place stinks. That's not how you handle it. Not only does it make you look bad you've also made
your prospect feel like an idiot about their decision. Not good. This very scenario happened
to one of my coaching clients.

Here's how we worked it out:

****
Hey Mrs. Prospect,

Thanks for your honesty. And I certainly understand your concern about gas and convenience.
However, I must be honest with you: Any trainer can deliver results given that they have a good program. With that said, there have been 3 people switch from there to me simply because they had friends we were working with who were getting the results, while they were not.

Without knowing what you're looking to accomplish, I can give you a few general guidelines so
you can make an informed decision. Because as we both know gas will be a kick in the bucket if you spend a few thousand dollars and not get what you paid for. Some things you may want to
ask the guys over there:

- What can I expect as far as nutrition help?

- Will you be available in case I need help with food choices and want to call you?

- What kind of results should I expect and when?

- What type of accountability program do you have? (besides just scheduling appointments)
Because, Mrs. Prospect I believe that our accountability program has a major role in our
clients' success .

- What happens if I'm not happy with the program? Do they offer a full guarantee?

- Do they have any case studies or testimonials that are similar to what you're looking to acheive? (these should be written and signed and/or have before and after pictures)

- What are the credentials? XYZ certification is great, but what proof other than a certificate do
they have that they can offer quality guidance? Have they been published locally, nationally, or internationally that adds to their credibility?

- What happens if I have an injury? Mrs. Prospect, these are a few basic questions that I would ask, but then again, I'm not exactly sure what youre looking for.

Warmest Regards,
Todd

****
That is EXACTLY how you do it. By educating your prospect what to look for you very subtly
allow them to discover for themselves the difference in the service you provide and what your competition provides. Simple, right? Here's the key:

KNOW YOUR COMPETITION! When you play a competitive sport don't you always have
an idea of what your opponent brings to the table? Think business is any different? I could write a novel explaining how powerful this technique is, but just from reading it I'm sure you get the idea. By the way, Todd creates AMAZING promotional offers that always rake in thousands of bucks in just days for his studio. I'm begging him to reveal them for your benefit. I'll keep you posted.

Yours in prosperity,
Jim Labadie

PS- Got a Velvet Rope up around your Fitness Biz yet? If not your competition is set to kick your...

http://www.velvetropefitnessmarketing.com

follow me on Twitter