Friday, March 17, 2006

Why don't they listen?

As you may already know, last weekend I spoke at the AFPA conference. And, as per usual, it's always interesting to meet fitness professionals and see where they are at in terms of their dreams and aspirations.

I gave three presentations. One on sales, one on publicity and one on marketing information products. They all went incredibly well and I think I did a damn good job. And since I was able to sprinkle in the success stories of some of my clients and customers, proving what I was teaching works, I hope that the attendees will actually take action and do something with that information.

But you never know. I hate to affirm the negative, but chances are most of them will fail to take any sort of action whatsoever.

Why is that? Why do some take massive action towards their dreams and others get back from a seminar and do nothing?

Obviously, without knowing every person's specific situation it's impossible to be accurate. But as you know from working with clients and hearing the same old tired excuses from prospects, people really don't want to succeed. If they really wanted to they'd do the necessar work, right?

So, the reasons people fail to take action are numerous:
- Fear of success
- Fear of failure
- Lazy
- Lack of vision
- Self-limiting belief systems
- Lack of self-confidence
- Low self-esteem

Oddly enough, you'll also find people who love to do things the hard way. You could literally give them a roadmap to success and they wouldn't want to follow it. While it could be any of the above reasons for that attitude I'd have to offer you another reason - ego.

Well, there's that and the sub-conscious belief many, many people in this country have that you have to work hard ...put your nose to the grindstone...the only way to get something done right is to do it yourself...and the list goes on and on and on. What so many people, especially fitness professionals, fail to realize is that the people who make the most work the least.

I'm going to write that again because you really need to read it again.

What so many people, especially fitness professionals, fail to realize is that the people who make the most work the least.

How do you feel about that? Really think about that one. Does it make you angry?
Happy? Are you in disbelief?

Somebody somewhere, at this very moment, is sitting on a beach earning 100 times what you do. They're relaxing and you're working.

Now that you have a visual, how does it make you feel?
Regardless of your reaction, know this: there's not one thing they have done to create their success that you could not duplicate.

The formula is simple to start:
1- Know exactly what you want
2- Take massive action towards it

Simple? Yes.

Easy? No.

Doable? Well, that all depends upon what you believe. As Henry Ford said, whether you believe you can, or you believe you can't, you're going to be right.
~~~~
If anything I just wrote resonates with you then I have the next action step for you. I recently met a guy named Shawn McDonald. His mobile personal training company grossed $2.1 million in just a few years.

Yeah, I know. Pretty damn impressive.

Best part is Shawn wrote an ebook detailing EXACTLY how he did it.

Second best part? It's only $19.95!!!

Some of the stuff you may know already. A lot of it you won't. Some of it might seem pretty darn obvious. But for $19.95 you get to discover the roadmap. The blueprint. Whatever the heck you want to call it. It's staring you in the face right now. Even if you've been in this business for 20 years you've got to be inspired by his story.

Do yourself a favor. Spend a couple bucks and follow the yellow-brick road. You'll be glad you did.

http://www.ptwealthbuilder.com/
~~~~
I saw a recent article that mentioned that according to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor and Statistics trainers who were certified in 2004 received a salary from $25,470 to $55,560.

I also just read this month's issue of Men's Fitness. Five of my customers can be found on the pages.

Brian Grasso
Dan Huff
Jason Ferruggia
Joe Stankowski
Zach Even-Esh

Think they fall into that salary range?

Thinks it's a coincidence they're all my customers?

Congratulations, fellas!

http://www.howtogetmorepublicity.com/
~~~~
Again, a great roadmap to success can be found here:
http://www.ptwealthbuilder.com

Yours in prosperity,
Jim Labadie

PS- Here are some of the latest testimonials:
'The Ultimate Bootcamp Startup Kit' has been invaluable in setting up my own bootcamp business. A MUST-HAVE product for anyone who wants to make money with bootcamps.'

David Whitley
Nashville TN

Want to know what David knows?: http://www.howtoprofitwithbootcamps.com

'Dear Jim,
Before I got the Ultimate Sales Kit, I was not very comfortable talking to client prospects about hiring me as a trainer, and it was also uncomfortable talking to current clients about buying more sessions. I have spent years studying training techniques, but when I realized that training knowledge does not equal more money in the bank account, something clicked inside of me.

I bought the Ultimate Sales Kit, and I recieved it on a Saturday. By 8am Monday morning, I already had my first client signed up using Jim's techniques. It sounds hard to believe, but its the truth. I have continued to practice your techniques, and in the last 3 days, I have signed up 4 new clients!

Aside from new clients, it also be uncomfortable to ask current clients to sign up for more sessions. Lets face it, sometimes your clients become friends, and friends are supposed to do things for each other for free. Using your techquies, my current clients actually tell me that I have to ask them for more money.

Thanks, Jim!'

Tom Gifford
Personal Trainer
State College, Pennsylvania

Want to know what Tom knows? http://www.howtogetmoreclients.com/

follow me on Twitter