Friday, April 25, 2008

How I started my business

How I started my business


It took what felt like forever for my car to finally appear.


I was in Sanford, FL - aka, the middle of nowhere - waiting for my '96 Jetta to be unloaded from the Auto Train.


Yes, that's the train that carries passengers and their cars from just outside Washington, D.C. to Florida.


Mine was loaded with everything I owned. Seriously.


I had made the decision a couple months prior when visiting friends from college in Tampa. There was no way I was spending another winter freezing my rear off in Jersey.


So I sold my furniture and stuff. All that was really left was some clothes and my computer.


I moved in mid-June after having made the decision in April. Plenty of time to get a business together, right?


Got a website going. Incorporated. Named the company.


All that kinda stuff.


I really had zero clue what I was doing. Or what I was in for.


But I sure was determined.


A few hours later, after getting my car, I arrived at the apartment of my college buddies. Their little dining room became my office, bedroom and closet.


That's where this all began. In a dining room that wasn't even my own.


It all started with a dream. One BIG dream.


My savings were spent pretty quickly. The kredit kard bills started to rack up.


But I always knew it would work. I didn't have too much of a plan. Just a dream and determination.


While I don't recommend the complete lack of a plan whatsoever, I do recommend following your dreams.


They do come true.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie


PS - Let my friends Pat Rigsby and Nick Berry show you the plan I wish I'd had. Things have turned out great, but there was a lot of stress and sleepless nights along the way. You can avoid them by clicking here: http://www.PTBusinessPlan.com


PPS - Yes, all of the above is 100 percent true story.

follow me on Twitter