Monday, May 19, 2008

Puts a smile on your face all day long

Here's another one.


How could I not share this?


****


Dear Jim,


I started my first "boot camp" today and it is because of you.


I am the lady that was in the Marine Corps. I live in a very small town of about 6,000 people.


A lot of people are elderly and on fixed incomes. They asked me if I could teach them at the hall in the Baptist Church. I agreed and it is more for charity work and for me to give back to God because of all of the blessings that I have in my life.


They can only afford between $3.00-$5.00 for a one hour class. Most of the people in the class are between 75 and 80.


I brought my CD with the music from the motion picture "Rocky." I told them to imagine themselves as strong and alive with vigor.


One of the participants is an old retired Marine. He was in Recon, and he was proudly wearing his Marine Corps cap.


I have to tell you that I could not believe how different those people were when they left the class. They stood up straighter and they acted so alive.


Jim, I got so much out of that class. When I left I was on top of the world.


I am also starting another class on Tues. and Thurs. afternoons. This class is geared more towards Moms. I can hardly wait to start that class.


Thank you so much for all of your ideas and especially your E-mails. I love your E-mails!


Sincerely,


Nancy M. Booth


****

JL: No, Nancy, thank YOU.


Who loves ya? ;-)


Yours in prosperity,


Jim Labadie


PS - Please send me YOUR story. I want to share it with the world.

follow me on Twitter