Wednesday, May 17, 2006

DON'T Take action?

Gotten YOUR copy yet?
http://www.fitnessbusinessmindset.com

I'm not a big fan of telling people to 'take action.'

Why?

Because it can cause people to run around in circles and get nowhere. Anybody can do SOMETHING and say they are trying to grow a business.

What am I a fan of?

Telling people to take FOCUSED action. You need to be focused on the things that will BUILD your business.

But even then there are times when people don't get where they say they want to go.

Today I did a private coaching session with one of my clients where this was exactly the case. He's definitely taking action. In fact, he's taking very focused action. Problem is he's no getting anywhere.

While we were talking I heard it again. He said to me, 'I seem to like to make things as hard on myself as possible.'

And he is. He's thinking way too much and not just putting his product out there. There's a time to sh*t or get off the pot.

So what about you? Is there anything holding you back? Are you spending every last second trying to come up with the perfect product, service or marketing piece instead of just putting it out there?

And if that is the case, why do you think that is? What are you afraid of? Fear? Success? Criticism?

This client was focusing on how to make the perfect product for his market. What I told him to do was to stop researching it because he already knows the answer. His sub-conscious mind knows exactly what needs to be done.

Here is what I told him to do:

Act as if the product is already done. Say out loud how grateful he is that his market loves it and can't say enough good things about it. Affirm it over and over. Write it down as many times as he can stand.

Why?

As I wrote, his sub-conscious mind will bring forth everything he needs to create the product. He simply needs to get out of the way. He needs to take some time off and let his sub-conscious mind go to work for him.

And that can't happen when you're ALWAYS taking focused action. This is the perfect example of why the more time I take off, and the more fun I have, the more I make.

Interesting, isn't it?

Yours in prosperity,

Jim Labadie
http://www.fitnessbusinessmindset.com

follow me on Twitter